There are several items, objects, or even small animals that what weighs 100 grams. And if you want to know more about those things that weigh around 100 grams, this article will provide a brief understanding and knowledge pertaining to this matter. If you are curious enough about a certain object’s exact weight, especially those small things, then why don’t you find or collect some of those objects and jot down their measurements for reference purposes. At least, in this way, you will know or explore those items that are relatively in 100-gram measurement.
What weighs 100g?
Looking for some things and items that weigh around this weight is quite challenging since you need to scrutinize them first by measuring them individually. Newborn animal babies, stones, your chosen favorite bar, household items, and others may be around 100-grams. For you to have a reference about those newborn baby animals, things, and items, here are some of the listed compilations below that have 100 grams in weight:
- Mice – Field mice are said to be cute and tiny; however, these physically hurt you sometimes. One mouse does not weigh around 100 grams since it only weighs about 30-gram. However, at birth, their weight is around 1-2 grams. That’s why if you have baby mice, then you need to collect around 50 of them to reach around 100 grams. Isn’t it amazing, right?
- Small newborn puppies – Of course, those newborn puppies always depend on their specific breeds. But if you want only to consider those newborn puppies that weigh around 100 grams, then smaller dog breeds like beagles, chihuahuas, and Boston Terriers are a good example.Tree frogs – These types of frogs are small little things. A typical adult male type of tree frog weighs around 50 grams; so, you will need at least two of them to reach 100 grams. But there are also some female tree frogs that weigh around 90 grams, especially if they are fully grown. If you want to get around 100 grams for these tree frogs, then you may consider the adult male ones, and you just need to collect at least two of them.
- Rabbit poops – It would be somewhat crazier to weigh a poop of an animal, right? But did you know that the rabbit poops can weigh around perfect 100-gram in a day? Well, that is already 5 times the weight of a large strawberry since it weighs around 20 grams. If you’re not totally convinced, then you may also try to weigh the rabbit poops, and you’ll finally amazed that it has a weight of around 100 grams.
- Paper clips – These items require few mathematical skills to get at least 100 grams in weight. Typically, paper clips vary depending on their sizes. These may be small, medium, and jumbo in size. A small type of paper clip weighs around 1 gram, which means that you need at least 100 pieces of the small paper clip if you want to get 100 grams. Those jumbo paper clips weigh around 1.5 grams. You will need at least 60 pieces of jumbo paper clips plus 10 pieces of small paper clips to reach around 100 grams.
- Human molars – Based on the study, a human molar weighs around 1.4 grams. A person has 12 molars. So, if you do the math, you will find out that an individual has around 71 human molars, which may also weigh around 100 grams in total. This also means that you have around the equivalent of six human molars if one of them had removed its wisdom tooth.
- Earrings – There are some people who may wear such incredible heavy type of earrings. One type of earring is typically around 4 grams, which means that you need to have at least 25 sets of earrings to get 100 grams in total.
- Cheez-its – The recommended serving amount for Cheez-its, one of the best types of snack crackers, is around 30 grams. Every cracker is about 1.1 grams. So, you will need around 27 crackers to reach the recommended size for serving this healthy food. For 100 grams, you need to have 1/3 servings Cheez-its. It is just about ¼ of the Cheez-its box.
- Pomegranates – If you want to include healthy and nutritious food as your option, then you may choose pomegranates for your balanced diet. Half of the medium-size pomegranate weighs around 87 grams. Hence, you may have a half portion of medium pomegranate plus 11 Cheez-its to satisfy your hunger in between meals. The combination of the quantity of the pomegranate and the Cheez-its will reach about 100 grams in total.
- Chocolate chip type of cookies – A chocolate chip cookie is expected to have a weight of around 16 grams, which means that you need around 6 chocolate chip cookies, and you will have 96 grams. But how can you get a 100-gram per out of having this cookie? Well, you just need to simply add a chocolate chip itself since it weighs around .324 grams. So, all in all, you will have around 99.564 grams in total, which can be rounded off to 100 grams.
Weighing these objects, animals, foods, other things, and even animal poops is quite crazier than what others may perceive. It is because it consumes a lot of time. But if you have the eagerness and perseverance to at least know the exact weight of a certain object, then you will patiently weigh something out of your curiosity.
What is 100g?
100 grams are equivalent to 0.1 kilograms. There are some other conversion factors that you may use for you to know exactly what 100g is. However, be wary of some conversion factors since they may be different from one another. It always depends on a specific ingredient. For instance, cups and grams may be of different measurement types. But some of you might convert a hundred grams to cups, right?
Although a cup is used for measuring a volume and a gram is utilized for measuring a metric weight, it is also possible to know exactly how many grams to be filled in a cup. In some instances, this type of conversion is useful and essential for cooking and recipes. However, their various ingredients need various conversion equivalents. For example, 100 grams of liquid or water is equivalent to nearly 0.423 cups. For dry ingredients like salt, all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, flaked coconut, and different kinds of sugar have unusual equivalents in conversion in grams to cup/s. For instance, 100 grams of sugar are equivalent to 1 cup, and 100 grams of salt are equivalent to 1/3.
100 grams of a certain object or item can be converted into some other conversion rate. However, just be wary of those conversion rates since they are said to be different from one another. You may consider specific ingredients to be weighed and converted for you to end up having a perfect conversion of 100 grams into some other types of measurements.
How Much is 100g?
There are several items that weigh around 100 grams. But the most common things being measured in weight by many people is the food that they purchase and those foods that they eat. There are some specific foods that are required to be taken based on their recommended serving per meal. So, it is essential to weigh your food before eating to ensure a properly balanced diet. However, what do 100 grams look like? Do you exactly how much 100 grams are?
If you are health conscious, then you may be meticulous enough on the proper serving of your food. That’s why it is essential to know exactly how much weight does your food weighs.
For your reference, 100 grams are said to equivalent to the following:
• 3.5 ounces or 1/5 pound
• 6 pieces of medium-sized mandarin, clementine, or tangerine
• Around less than 1/2 cup or one stick of butter
• Less than 1 cup of almonds
• Around two boiled eggs
• ½ cup of rice (uncooked)
• 4 pieces of big medjool dates
• Almost full cup of nuts
• 2 medium-sized carrots
• Almost full cup of rolled oats (uncooked)
These are just some of the food items which you may use for your healthy balanced diet. This specific food, which was listed above is approximately weighing around 100 grams. So, you may also consider those foods, especially if you want to follow strict measurements on your proper food intake.
If you want to know exactly how much 100 grams are based on the different conversion factors, it would be better to do your own research since several items or objects may affect your conversion procedures. Other things are converted differently to others. So, it would be advisable to fully learn how it will be converted based on its actual measurements.
If you fully understand grams’ exact conversion rate to some other conversion factors, you can possibly arrive at the desired results. Just learn more on how these grams be converted into other types of measurements for you to end up having the right amount of foods or anything that would be based on your purposes.